Print this page

Cheaney of England

Please take a look at the Cheaney current range here and let us know what interests you.

Joseph Cheaney established the company in 1886. In 1896, along with his brother Arthur, they moved to the site where the factory occupies today.

During the first 80 years of business the factory made shoes exclusively for some of the finest stores and companies around the world, branded to their individual company requirements.

Joseph Humphrey Cheaney, known as ‘Dick’ Cheaney, the grandson, worked for the company for 51 years, retiring in 1978. He realised that the company’s future lay in building up its own Cheaney brand for its home and export markets.

The business was sold in 1964 to Church’s English Shoes - the world famous brand based in Northampton. It was at this time that the ‘Cheaney brand’ became available to retailers all over the world.

In 1995 our present Chairman, Stephen Etheridge joined Cheaney. He changed the focus of the company, building up the Cheaney brand in both the home and export markets.

Cheaney's ability to blend the past with the future, using the finest materials available, has enabled them to become one of the premier producers of Goodyear welted shoes in the world today. 2008 - 2009 will bring a continuation of our commitment to present to our clients an innovative and high quality product from both instock and made to order options.


Previous page: Crockett & Jones Shoes
Next page: Cheaney Special Deals